Sunday, April 25, 2010

*Above is an image of a "book forest" where people can leave or find old volumes.  I’m going to place a bookcase near the front of the gallery with this exchange in mind. 

Dear all,

Thank you so much for coming yesterday to The Homefront and sharing your art, ideas and concerns.  It was great to think about all the possibilities for transforming this space and it was important for me to hear all of the practical questions involved in running this business.  I’ve still a lot to learn and I need to figure out some things on my own first, but in the meantime we’ll be in touch each step of the way through this email list. 

In the next couple of weeks, I’ll send out an official call for artists with guidelines for submission, including a floor plan of the gallery and organized themes/concepts.  I’ll also create a facebook page as soon as I have a logo or design and encourage you to get your friends interested so that we can make the most of this opportunity. 

After our meeting, I thought more about the idea of combining a gallery with a store and offering a variety of art and design objects so that people who come in will have something to walk away with--whether it's a work of art, an encounter with an artist, a book, gift or memento.  I like the idea of artists creating their own reproductions: smaller and more affordable versions of their artworks for purchase. 

Thanks again for your input and we’ll talk soon,
Crystal.
homefrontgallery@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment